Greyhound racing is a sport that originated in England when horse racing became too expensive for the poor. This sport is also often referred to as “greyhound racing”. On 12 tracks, greyhounds follow an artificial hare along a track resembling an athletics track with its two straight sides and bends. Greyhounds don’t respond to smell as much as other dogs, but they do to sight. That is why an artificial hare is sufficient to make the dogs run as quickly as possible. The dog that arrives first is the winner and the dog you must bet on. Fortunately, there are several Greyhound betting options. To be successful in greyhound racing betting, you need to know the ins and outs. Although the sport seems very simple, there are certain things you need to pay attention to before you can get rich with greyhound betting.
Leading Greyhound Racing Betting Sites For Bettors
Read on to learn more about the different types of greyhound racing bets, the different types of races, dog racing styles and how to use this knowledge to your advantage when placing a bet.
Different Types of Bets
If you have a good understanding of horse racing betting, then you are in luck; greyhound racing betting is virtually identical. If you are not used to horse racing, it is recommended that you read on.
- Win: This is the most simple and straightforward greyhound racing betting. You bet money on the dog you think will win the race. You only win the bet if the dog you have chosen comes in the first place.
- Each way: This is a combined bet. Half of your greyhound racing betting is about winning the chosen dog. The other half is about reaching a place in the top three.
- Straight Forecast: This is a risky greyhound racing betting that requires a lot of patience. You bet money on the two best dogs in the competition in the correct order.
- Reverse Forecast: This greyhound racing betting is less risky. You bet on the two best dogs, regardless of the order.
- Tricast: The greyhound racing betting is the same as the Straight Forecast, but now it revolves around the first three dogs.
- Combination Tricast: This is basically a three-dog Reverse Forecast. So you bet on the three dogs that finish on top; the order does not matter.
Single bets are the simplest and most popular greyhound racing betting among gamblers. The “each way” bets are also very popular, especially with gamblers who have a little more money to spend. Many racecourses only release the quotes at the last minute. Greyhound racing betting sites, therefore, often work with “starting prices” (SP) instead of final odds.
Factors to Consider When Betting on Greyhound Racing
- Surface: When thinking of greyhound racing betting, the surface is an important factor to consider. The material of the track determines the pace. Most greyhound tracks use a sand surface. But since they’re all outdoors, the weather can have a significant impact. Dogs that tend to do well in Stayer races tend to perform better in wet conditions. And, in warm weather, when the track gets very hard and offers excellent grip, records are more likely to be broken. In other words, it is important to take racetrack characteristics seriously when betting on greyhounds.
- Age: The age of the dog really matters when racing. Dogs under 24 months of age participate in puppy races. However, dogs between 21 and 30 months are best suited for sprint races.
According to experts, greyhounds tend to peak at 30 to 36 months of age. On the other hand, experienced racers around 3 to 4 years old generally perform better in a marathon race. The age of the dog is stated on the race card. So pay attention to that when you bet on greyhounds.
- Category: Dogs with similar abilities are grouped into categories. This ensures that every dog has a fair chance to win. The categories are as follows:
The fastest greyhounds compete together in group D1, the second fastest in D2 and so on. Dogs can switch categories, so try to keep track of how your favourite dogs are performing.
Strategies for Successful Greyhound Racing Betting
Betting on a greyhound race can be risky as most people have little knowledge about the greyhounds participating. It is, therefore, wise to do some research first and look for useful information. The odds already reveal a few things, for example, which dogs are the favourites for the overall victory. You can see the odds as an indication of the chance of winning. However, a quote does not have to be justified. Always check the recent results of the greyhounds and the current form. The results from the past offer no guarantee; you, as a bettor, will always need a bit of luck. Also, consider these points while trying greyhound racing betting:
- Don’t chase | A dog race is over quickly, and therefore you can win quickly but also lose quickly, for example. After a lost bet, stay calm and don’t gamble wildly on dog racing. The dog races follow each other in quick succession, so the temptation to do so is great.
- Immerse yourself in the greyhounds | It is important to know the condition of the dogs. Which are in shape? Which dog does well on heavy ground, and which on hard/dry ground?
- Play consciously | Always play with money you can afford to lose, whether it’s greyhound racing or other sports.
The Best Greyhound Racing Betting Sites
Based on the reviews and ratings of our gambling experts and the feedback from our visitors, these are the best online greyhound racing betting sites to place bets with:
1xbet can be the best destination for all gambling aficionados. This greyhound racing betting covers more than 50 sports, including greyhound racing. Also, here you can enjoy betting on politics, drama, and even music awards. The provider offers all the types of bets described above; you can also enjoy Show Prizes and Early Prizes at 1xbet. The Show Prizes are the prizes offered at the Racecourse during the pre-race period. Early prices are the bookmaker’s own prices and are offered up to 15 minutes before the off of the race. All of these prices may fluctuate, but you accept the price when you place your bet. If a re-run occurs due to a dog not running, the bet will stand for that race. If a re-run does not occur, the no-race will be settled at the starting price.
On Betfinal, dog racing has been compared to horse racing . There are therefore many overlaps between the two betting sports. There are always six dogs racing per competition . More information about both the competition and the dogs can be found in the competition map when clicking open a specific competition. You can also see the dogs’ previous competitions and base your bets on them. The only bet you can place is a Win. This is the most basic bet, where you bet on which dog will win the race. You can choose the starting price yourself.
YYY Sports also offers both Show Prices and Early Prices. The Show Prizes are the prizes offered at the Racecourse, while the Early Prizes are set by YYY Sports. They bear this name because they come online before the Show Prices are known and follow the Rule 4 deduction when a greyhound is not running, and the starting pen remains empty. When a dog backs off and does not walk, it is replaced by another dog. Then the bets will be void and you can bet again with new prizes. All bets are offered on Betway, with the added bonus of the trap challenge where you bet on the starting loft that will win the most races.
If the previous sites don’t meet your expectations, you may consider Melbet! This site covers all greyhound races, provide generous bonuses, offers real-time customer service, secure payment methods, a mobile-friendly platform, and has a modern, user-friendly design. In the mobile version, loading is also fast, allowing immediate access to Melbet products and services. At the top is the menu. Clicking on it will list all games offered, available promotions, information about VIP Club and all other functions found in the desktop version. Live chat is also located in the top corner, symbolized by the speech bubble icon. In addition, it offers a great variety of games, including slots, roulette, blackjack, and live dealer games.
Betwinner is one of the best sports betting sites that you can participate in. This site has an easy-to-use interface, covers more than 50 sports, and gives its customers a huge range of rewards. This website is operated by Markit Holdings, based in Limassol, Cyprus. This site holds a valid license issued by the Curaçao Gambling Commission and also protects the financial and personal data of its customers with the strongest protection and encryption protocols. For the convenience of its players and customers, this site supports dozens of reliable payment methods, including bank cards, e-wallets, and digital currencies.
Popular banking options for Arab players
There are three basic types of payment methods that you can use to make your transactions at greyhound racing betting sites, and they are as follows:
Sports betting customers can rely on their bank cards to make withdrawals and deposits at greyhound racing betting sites. In order to complete your transaction, all you have to do is click on the “Deposit” tab. After that, choose the bank cards option, then enter the card number, expiration date, and CVV code. Next, specify the deposit amount, and the transaction will take place instantly.
E-wallets are the ideal choice for any gambler due to the great security features that they provide to the users. However, these features come with additional fees that you should be aware of before you decide to use e-wallets which range, most likely, from 1% to 4%. Some of the most prominent e-wallets that you can use at Arabic Greyhounds betting sites are Neteller, MuchBetter, Skrill, and other types of e-wallets.
Although cryptocurrencies were not the “financial method preferred by everyone a few years ago,” the matter has completely changed now that it has become one of the most used payment methods in the Arab world. You can conduct your transactions using Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether, and many other currencies as well. These currencies give you the ability to perform your transactions quickly and easily, without paying additional fees.
How to Register & Make a Deposit at an Online Greyhound Racing Betting site?
It is very easy to place a bet on a dog race from the comfort of your couch. We explain it to you in four steps:
Step 1: Create an Account
You can quickly and easily create an account at a greyhound racing betting site. Creating your own account is free and takes a maximum of two minutes. Please note you may only create one account per provider.
Step 2: Deposit & Obtain Your Welcome Bonus
After that, you can use the most famous payment methods (e.g., MasterCard or VISA) to make a deposit and increase your balance. You usually also receive a welcome bonus with the first deposit, for example a doubling of the amount, free bets, or a cashback on your loss during a week after registration.
Step 3: Look for the Greyhounds
You can then click on the category ‘greyhounds’. All matches from all over the world appear on your screen. You can choose one race and place a bet. Usually, you can also watch the race live via the live stream of the provider.
Step 4: Cash Out Your Winnings
You can have the winnings you have made from racing betting sites paid out immediately. Go to the cashier and request a payout. The amount will be in your account within a few days.
Bonuses of Greyhound Racing Betting Sites
Besides the welcome bonus, greyhounds betting sites offer daily offers, discount offers and much more. Check the details below:
- Reload bonuses – you can get a new bonus upon every new deposit you make.
- Free bets – some greyhound racing betting sites offer free bets to their customers on some occasions.
- Cashback offers – you can recover a certain percentage of your losses at some greyhound racing betting sites.
- Win with your friends – Here, the customer can refer a friend to register at the bookmaker, and together, they win exclusive offers.
How to Place Your First Bet on Greyhound Race?
If you have created an account or are logged into an existing account, you will be looking for the sport ‘Greyhound racing’. Click on it to see all available leagues or competitions to bet on greyhound racing online.
All available leagues and competitions, with corresponding markets for betting on greyhound races, are now visible. This can be the well-known outright winner market.
Place Your Bet on a Greyhound Race
Now that all available markets are visible, it’s up to you to predict the correct outcome. Select the outcome you think is the winner. After that, it is a matter of determining your bet and finally placing the bet. Depending on the result, you have won or lost the bet.
There are many Arab countries that have adopted greyhound racing, led by the United Arab Emirates. In Dubai, for example, prestigious races have been organized on a track located outside the city and 1,200 meters long. The competitions are held in the winter because it is impossible to hold them in the summer heat. You can enjoy betting on this great sport at any of the reliable greyhound racing betting sites that we have recommended to you on this page.
Before betting with money, it is advisable to watch and analyze a number of races. The better you understand the sport, the more chance you have of winning the sports bets.
No, this is impossible. Greyhounds betting sites have too little time to post live odds when a dog race has started. You can often see the dog race via a live stream.
You can find betting options for greyhound races at most online bookmakers.